I had an ad on kijiji.ca for a Vintage Karl Lagerfeld Men’s Tuxedo Winter Jacket/Coat for hmmm maybe 2 years now. I was doing a bit of a clear out and forgotten about it. I got it when I was in the UK in 2004 when Karl had done an extensive line for the H&M brand. I had the intention to get it altered and made into a ladies more fitted coat. But it would have cost way too much money so on kijiji.ca it went.
This past Fall I took it to a second-hand consignment store just off Jane Subway Station here in Toronto to see if it would move a bit faster. I would have made a fraction of the cost after the store owner took her cut but I thought let’s try. It obviously never sold and I’m glad the store didn’t make a profit off it. Holding on for a few more months (albeit through a kijiji ad) I was able to take home a lil more cash in pocket.
I received an e-mail the other night from a young man enquiring about the coat. I thought great finally the jacket will get to go to a new home. We arranged to meet up today. When I took the jacket out this morning to pack it up I remembered how pretty it was.
Here are the deets:
· it was a black heavy winter wool jacket/coat with a tuxedo collar
· three front buttons, exterior pockets and two interior pockets
· fully lined with a back vent
· the wrists and the bottom of the jacket are impeccably stitched and have beautiful detailing
· the back of the jacket has a defined small band with two buttons for added detail
I hope I’m not coming off as sentimental – but I am happy the young man who purchased the jacket loves it. Hopefully he’ll get some good use out of it and maybe introduce that lil tuxedo jacket to a whole new life.